The Medical Imaging Center of Southern California
Evaluating the impact of music during MRI scans
THE CHALLENGE: JUSTIFYING UPGRADED PATIENT STEREOS
The Medical Imaging Center of Southern California had both large and small bore magnets equipped with dated patient stereos. They were interested in upgrading and modernizing their music offerings but wanted to be sure it was a worthwhile investment for bettering their patient experience.
THE SOLUTION: TWO FREE TRIALS AND A SHORT PATIENT SURVEY
To prove MRIaudio delivers results, two systems were sent to M.I.C.S.C on a 30-day free trial basis, along with a short patient exit-survey designed to measure the effectiveness of MRIaudio.
THE RESOLUTION: A WORTHWHILE INVESTMENT IN PATIENT COMFORT
30 days and numerous scans later, The Medical Imaging Center of Southern California had the results they needed to make a permanent investment in MRI-safe audio entertainment from MRIaudio. Here’s what they found:
MRIaudio DRASTICALLY IMPROVED THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE
• For 95%, MRIaudio improved their MRI experience.
• The vast majority (2/3’s of that 95%) said it made their experience “a lot better.”
• Nobody thought it made the experience worse.
FOR PATIENTS, CUSTOM MUSIC OPTIONS ARE A BIG PLUS
• 86% believed custom music was a valuable feature.
• The majority (57%) said it was “extremely valuable.”
• Nobody thought it wasn’t valuable.
MRIaudio PERFORMED BETTER THAN OTHER MRI MUSIC SYSTEMS
• For those who listened to music during previous scans, 85% said their ability to listen to music was better with MRIaudio.
• Nobody thought MRIaudio was worse.
MUSIC: AN IMPORTANT MRI CONSIDERATION FOR PATIENTS PRIOR TO SCANNING, BUT EVEN MORE SO AFTERWARDS
While 62% of patients felt music was an important consideration in their MRI choice prior to scanning, 70% felt it was important after, and no patient felt it was unimportant (15% decrease).